José de Diego
José de Diego offers a rigorous academic curriculum with a comprehensive gifted program. De Diego is a former high school (Tuley High), and the facilities are outstanding. Our school has two gyms, a track, a swimming pool, two science labs, two computer labs with iMacs, a writing lab, iPads for every student in grades three through five and laptops for all in grades 6th, 7th, and 8th. De Diego offers a Literature and Writing Magnet Cluster Program specializing in a curriculum with strong technology integration. We offer accelerated instruction in algebra and science through the Specific Aptitude Program to qualifying students.
José de Diego students in grades 3-8 will be taking the ISAT reading, math and science tests the first two weeks of March. Our teachers have been teaching and working on best practices with students. Parents and guardians, you can help your child succeed by doing the following:
- Making sure that your child attends school on time every day.
- Ensuring that your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing.
- Providing breakfast on the mornings of testing.
- Reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he/she does not understand the test directions.
- Letting your child know that you have confidence in his/her ability to do his/her best.
- Advising your child not to worry about the test and simply do the best he/she can.
- LSC Elections LSC elections will take place on Monday, April 7 from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. Candidate nomination forms will be accepted until February 26 at 3:00 pm. Felix Mejia is our school LSC election coordinator. Please see him in the office for additional information.
- Katten Legal Clinic Once a month on Wednesdays, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm we have a free legal clinic in our school, sponsored by Katten Law Firm and the LAF (Legal Assistance Foundation) available to the families of our students. This month, Katten will be here on March 26th. Please come to the main office for additional information.